Selected sessions from the radio (rotated 26/07/10)...and we don't want anyone trying to sell these on eBay, thank you very much.
Kershaw - Brampton Live, 27 August 2006
35 mins of HMHB at Brampton Live, broadcast on the Andy Kershaw show.
- Andy Kershaw Intro (0.2Mb)
- The Light At The End Of The Tunnel (2.5Mb)
- CORGI Registered Friends (3.4Mb)
- Paintball's Coming Home (2.2Mb)
- Joy Division Oven Gloves (3.4Mb)
- Interview with Nigel and Geoff (7.5Mb)
- 24 Hour Garage People (with excerpts of Hal An Tow, Bird On A Wire and There Stands The Glass (4.9Mb)
- For What Is Chatteris... (1.7Mb)
- We Built This Village On A Trad. Arr. Tune (4.4Mb)
- Running Order Squabble Fest (1.9Mb)
Peel Session, 16 November 2004
Four tracks recorded before John's death, broadcast on 16th November 2004 on Rob Da Bank's 'Peel Show' on Radio 1:
- Asparagus Next Left (4.6Mb)
- For What Is Chatteris? (2.6Mb)
- Epiphany (4.8Mb)
- Joy Division Oven Gloves (4.2Mb)
Kershaw Session, 26 September 2004
Four live tracks recorded on 24th September 2004, broadcast on Andy Kershaw's Radio 3 programme on 26th September 2004 (ta to Nick):
"King of Rome" is a song by David Sudbury; it came 4th in a national songwriting competition in the late 80's, and was picked up and recorded by June Tabor. "I'm Throwing Rice" is a song by Eddie Arnold from 1949.
- CORGI Registered Friends (4.1Mb)
- Chat (2.8Mb)
- King Of Rome (4.5Mb)
- Chat (0.7Mb)
- Chat (2.2Mb)
- Chat (0.4Mb)
- Mate Of The Bloke Who Set Up The PA (3.5b)
- Chat (1.0Mb)
- I'm Throwing Rice (At The Girl I Love) / Paintball's Coming Home (new version) (3.0Mb)
- Outro (0.3Mb)
In the middle of this session, Nigel produced a couple of tracks to play on the show and discuss - this is what the chat in the middle is about. The tracks in question were:
a. Reverend Black Billy Sunday - "Will You Spend Your Eternity In Hell"
b. Tom Darby & Jimmie Tarlton - "Lonesome In The Pines"
Peel Special, 31 August 2004
A 2-track acetate given to John Peel for his 65th birthday; it features HMHB covering Roy Orbison's "A Legend in My Time", with The Fall's "Job Search" on the other side. There are no plans to release this 'single' anywhere.
- A Legend In My Time (3.23Mb).
Peel Session, 3 September 2002
Recorded live in one take in Manchester at the same time (24th July) as the Kershaw session, broadcast on the John Peel show on 3rd September 2002:
- Them's The Vagaries
- The Light At The End Of The Tunnel (Is The Light Of An Oncoming Train)
- Song To The Siren/Vatican Broadside
- Breaking News
The files are all around 3Mb each.
Kershaw Session, 2 August 2002
Six live tracks recorded on 24th July 2002, broadcast in three parts (1-2, 3-5, 6) on Andy Kershaw's Radio 3 programme on 2nd August 2002:
- When The Evening Sun Goes Down
- If I Had Posession Over Pancake Day
- 27 Yards Of Dental Floss
- Twenty Four Hour Garage People
- There Stands the Glass
- Running Order Squabblefest
The first two files are about 7Mb each, the last is 1.6Mb.
Peel Session, 9 September 1999
- Intro (1.5Mb)
- Uffington Wassail (3.0Mb)
- Gubba Look-a-Likes (4.1Mb)
- Bottleneck At Capel Curig (2.2Mb)
- Twenty Four Hour Garage People (1.5Mb)
Meltdown Festival (broadcast on Peel), 5 July 1998
- A Shropshire Lad (2.5Mb)
- You're Hard (2.5Mb)
- Deep House Victims' Minibus Appeal (3.5Mb)
- Bad Review (3.8Mb)
- Split Single With Happy Lounge Labelmates (2.5Mb)
- 4AD3CDCD / Yipps (5.0Mb)
- A Country Practice (7.3Mb)
- Running Order Squabble Fest (2.1Mb)
- Four Skinny Indie Kids (2.5Mb)
Peel Session, 24 February 1998
- Four Skinny Indie Kids Drinking Weak Lager (2.3Mb)
- You're Hard (2.0Mb)
- Secret Gig (3.0Mb)
- Moody Chops (2.4Mb)
Peel Session, 2 February 1997
- Monmore Hare's Running (3.4Mb)
- Tonight Matthew, I'm Going To Be With Jesus (4.0Mb)
- PRS Yearbook - Quick, The Drawbridge (2.6Mb)
- He Who Would Valium Take (2.1Mb)
Radcliffe Session, 14 October 1996
John Peel standing in for Mark Radcliffe - a session recorded live.
- Intro (0.9Mb)
- Bad Review (3.3Mb)
- Deep House Victims' Minibus Appeal (2.7Mb)
- Chat (2.9Mb)
- Dead Men Don't Need Season Tickets (3.2Mb)
- A Shropshire Lad (2.1Mb)
- Paintball's Coming Home (1.8Mb)
- Chat (1.0Mb)
Peel Session, 5 August 1995
- Song Of Encouragement For The Orme Ascent (2.0Mb)
- CAMRA Man (3.0Mb)
- Get Kramer (3.1Mb)
- Mr Cave's A Window Cleaner Now (3.2Mb)
Peel Session, 27 June 1992
- Mars Ultras, You'll Never Make The Station (4.6Mb)
- 4AD3DCD (3.1Mb)
- Floreat Inertia (4.3Mb)
- Goodnight Irene (2.9Mb)
Johnnie Walker Session, 1992
A live acoustic session recorded on the way to a gig.
- Chat (1.6Mb)
- Whit Week Malarkey (4.1Mb)
- Chat (0.9Mb)
- Doreen (3.0Mb)
- Chat (0.5Mb)
Peel Session, 4 April 1990
- Yipps (My Baby Got The) (4.8Mb)
- Ordinary To Enschede (3.4Mb)
- Our Tune (2.7Mb)
- Prag Vec At The Melkweg (2.7Mb)
Peel Session, 8 September 1986
The last track has been updated (27/01/06) - it's now the correct version, and in its entirety.
- Rod Hull Is Alive - Why? (2.4Mb)
- I Was A Teenage Armchair Honved Fan (2.4Mb)
- The Best Things In Life (2.6Mb)
- Dickie Davies Eyes (3.7Mb)
Peel Session, 3 March 1986
The tracks that aren't linked to have subsequently been commercially released (on ACD).
- I Left My Heart In Papworth General (3.2Mb)
- The Continuous Cremation Of Hattie Jacques (aka Carry On Cremating)
- Reasons To Be Miserable (Part 10)
- The Bastard Son Of Dean Friedman (2.3Mb)
Peel Session, 20 November 1985
The whole session was released by the BBC, so no links here....
- D'Ye Ken Ted Moult?
- Arthur's Farm / All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit
- The Trumpton Riots
- Old Tige
Return to the Half Man Half Biscuit Home Page.